Another summer is almost over in Puerto Vallarta meaning the cooler, dryer months are just ahead. Now is a good time to take care of some end-of-summer home maintenance for your Puerto Vallarta property to protect your real estate investment and keep it looking its best.
- Clean all your outdoor drains of the build-up from summer rain storms.
- Clean of all your windows and repair any gaps.
- Power wash exterior walkways, patios, staircases and the outside of your home to remove any mold that may have occured.
- Paint over any rust stains from metal work seeping in the rain.
- Seal your patio furniture if it is wood or have a rattan weaver come to repair any holes in your outdoor furniture.
- Book an appointment to have your a/c units cleaned and filters changed.
- Inspect the roof of your house or palapa and replace any missing tiles or fronds.
- Do a full tour of the exterior and interior of your home and look for any cracks or water damage that may have occurring during rainy season.
Scheduled preventative maintenance on your house in Puerto Vallarta is the best way to keep your home comfortable and to avoid any large repair bills in the future. A well-kept file of home repair dates and receipts can also make your home more attractive to a future buyer if you decide to list your Puerto Vallarta home for sale.
Find here more tips on living in Mexico.