Have you been thinking about moving to Puerto Vallarta? You’re not alone. Puerto Vallarta is the city of choice for expats living in Mexico for a multitude of reasons: beautiful beaches, affordable living, excellent healthcare, incredible dining and entertainment and much more. But the reality of living in Mexico, or any foreign country, can sometimes be different than the dream, and some people find that it’s not what they expected. We have a quick quiz to start you thinking about if you are ready to move to Mexico and start the expat lifestyle in Puerto Vallarta.
- Do you respond well to change?
- Are you open to learning at least the basics of Spanish?
- Do you have a job or skills that are transferable in Mexico? Or are you financially independent?
- Have you considered the health care insurance options that are available to you?
- Have you researched visa requirements in Mexico?
- If you are moving with your partner or family, have you had an honest and frank discussion about some of the changes that moving to Mexico will have on your lives?
- If you are moving with children, have you started researching educational options?
- Are you willing to make the effort to build a new social circle?
- Have you researched the cost of living in Puerto Vallarta and are you confident that you can have the type of lifestyle you are seeking?
- Does the idea of moving excited you but make you a little nervous also?
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, congratulations! You have put in the effort and thought required to make a smart decision. And if your decision is that living in Mexico is right for you, we can help. Contact us today to start looking for the best property in Puerto Vallarta for your needs.