When the time comes to think about retirement, many Americans start to consider moving to another location where the cost of living is significantly less. Mexico seems to be at the top of everyone’s list.
In fact, Mexico topped the list of International Living Magazine’s annual ranking of the best places for U.S citizens to retire in 2017. Jen Stevens, the magazine’s executive editor says, “Part of the reason Mexico came out on top in our ranking is because the U.S dollar is so strong this year compared to the peso. It is even more affordable than it was a decade before.”
Expatistan.com just completed a survey on July 23rdall about the cost of living in Puerto Vallarta. Cost of living is the amount of money needed for basic expenses to sustain a certain level of living. Here is everything you need to know about how much it would cost to live in Puerto Vallarta:
- Monthly rent in expensive area (900 sqft): $950
- Monthly rent in normal area (900 sqft): $472
- Monthly utilities for 2 people: $56
- Monthly internet/wifi fee: $21
- Basic lunchtime meal in business district $7
- Basic dinner for 2 in neighborhood pub $22
- 3 Course Italian dinner for two in expat area $37
- 1 cup of cappuccino in expat area $2.78
- 1 beer in neighborhood pub $1.79
- Basic weekly grocery trip $65-85
- 2 tickets to the movies $5.83
- 1 month gym membership $26
Many people do not expect Puerto Vallarta to be so affordable since it is such a tourist destination. But you really canhave the best of both worlds in Puerto Vallarta.
If you are thinking of making the big move, we can help! Ron Morgan Properties can assist you in finding your new or second home, your best rental options, or your perfect office space in one of the most beautiful Bays in the world! Give us a call today to get started!